THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Pirate Palooza?

Okay, so I'm running out of clever names for these entries. Annyway, I accomplished quite a bit of costume work this weekend.

On Saturday we made a trip back down to Chinatown and I picked up the fans and parasols for the daughters. I also picked up material for my cuffs. I went to the Fabricland by my house first, but I was so depressed by their selection of black fabrics that I could not commit to any of them. After that we went to the Fabricland where I originally bought the fabrics for the Pirate King coat - and lo and behold they still have the same black fabric I purchased the first time around.

I also did some more work on the coat. I cut out and attached the sleeves to both the top and lining layers of the coat. Everything worked out fairly well. Next I need to hand sew down some trim to the front of the coat and add the buttons. After that I'll attach the lining to the top layer, make the cuffs... and it'll be done!

Sunday was a little more cosplay-centric. Well, first of all I was able to pick up the last straw hat bases I need to use for the main daughter hats. One of them doesn't even need decorating... it's pretty covered in lace and ribbons... so much the better, I guess. As for cosplay... I was able to pick up some supplies for my Franziska costume. First I picked up a riding crop from a local equestrian supplies store... I didn't know there was a local equestrian supplies store, but hey! what do I know! Hehe. It was under $7, also very surprising considering it is a real crop. It's burgundy and black, however, which is a little bit of a down side. I'm considering spray painting it, as it should be brown, but it may not really be that big of a deal.

Afterwards, I went to the mall in search of white leggings. I was originally planning to get white tights from Ardene (currently selling tights for about $5 or 3/$10), but that didn't really pan out. Once I got there the tights were waaay too see-through. It wouldn't be such a big deal if I wasn't planning to wear them as pants.... Following this I decided to make the most of the trip and check out the rest of the mall for white pants and/or tights. Eventually I found a pair of white skinny pants. They were quite a deal more expensive than I would have liked... but they are in fact pants and they work much better than the tights ever would have. Despite the price, I'm very excited.

0 Comments: