Monday, March 8, 2010

Brass Buttons and Black Trim

Did my best to go straight to work on the coat today, which meant I got started around midday. *Headdesk*. In any case today's job was to hand sew on the details on the front of the coat. Sewing on the trim was very time-consuming, the buttons far less so, but for obvious reasons. I'm quite pleased with the way it is looking. At the moment I have two buttons left to attach... and I'm considering whether or not to add a fifth row of trim... right now I'm kind of leaning towards not, because of how long it will take and if I don't that means there will be more buttons left to use on the cuffs. The latter reason is why I'm really leaning towards capping the trim rows at four... I swear.

And a preview picture:

(I took it on my laptop under a very strong light, so yes, it's a pretty bad picture, but it gives an idea.)