THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Back to Rufflies

Today I made the ruffle to go along the edge of the pink dress. I hope it is long enough, it probably isn't, and there is a seam right dead centre in the middle of it, which I'm worried will be atrocious. Other than that however, I'm really pleased with the way it turned out. It's approximately six inches wide and about 5.2 meters long... for now. It has lace edging and two rows of dark pink ribbon sewn it. Sewing on about 15 meters of trim in around kind of sucks, to be honest. It's a pretty tedious task. But as I said above, I'm really pleased with the way it looks. I took pretty progress pictures of my ruffle too with my new camera, and I must say the pink photographed really well. Oh how I love my camera and my ruffle.

*
In other news, stopped by the school earlier this week to give the Pirates a lecture on putting together a closet pirate costume. Didn't really do much lecturing (large group of children, beyond scary - in many ways), but modelled my own pirate closet costume. Should have taken pictures... it was pretty good for a last-minute wardrobe raid. Also had Pirate King try on new Pirate Frock Coat. It fit, all is well! Still need to fix sagging cuffs, but otherwise well.
*
That being said, must everyone make the "Is it Halloween already?" joke. C'mon guys, at least put a little thought into it.

0 Comments: