Monday, November 2, 2009

Mio Finished

Managed to finish the Mio costume on time for the Halloween party, with time to spare!

On Friday afternoon I made and attached the ruffle to the dress. It was about an inch high and box pleated. The machine absolutely 100% refused to penetrate the dress, so the ruffle had to be attached by hand. I added the halter strap on Saturday afternoon, made from the bottom piece of the tuille section I cut off the dress. It also had to be sewn by hand, and that was even more difficult! I was sewing through around probably eight layers of fabric. There was much frustration to be heard while I was doing that....

The wig worked out very well too. I had to chop up the sides a little, because frankly I didn't like the long hanging front pieces. I used Ciel as my reference, because I purchased the wig with that costume in mind, after all. It was very fun to wear it to the party, although it was at times a bit of a hassle in that kind of party setting. Got stuck in the seatbelt and stuck under my arms while I was dancing. Yeah... it's going to need a SERIOUS detangling the next time I pull it out.

In other news, Bryan finished the Stein costume. Although he had a few issues with the screw, he managed to win a costume contest when he wore it on Friday - Funniest costume, or something. Hey, recognition in prize form is recognition nonetheless.

Pictures to come when I manage to find where my camera has been placed....