Friday, September 18, 2009

Ciel Phantomhive: Part Nine

Been feeling a little under the weather, so progress this week has been minimal. I made an epic to-do list for this costume, it's three printed pages long. So... daunting. I've decided also to wait to make the other two small rows of underskirt ruffles until the dress is done, so I can have a better idea of placement.

This morning I made a mock-up of the bodice (it's going fairly well, but will require a few adjustments) and a mock-up for the front dress panel, to get an idea of how it should be put together.... Tonight I plan on going to buy the fabric for the dress. Looks like I'll probably need 10 meters, so this costume is adding up in price and yardage, to say the least.

* * *

Yesterday I recieved my Dalhousie application. I filled that out and started work on my accompanying letter. Apparently they start making considerations in mid-November. I'm thinking I'd like to get a few photoshoots in soon, if possible, so my portfolio has some better pictures of my more recent costumes. And probably I will wait until I'm finished with the ball gown too, so I can include that.