Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Shinku - Part Seven

So... yeah. Today I was really hesitant to work after the nightmare that was yesterday. But I did give in and do some stuff. I assembled and attached the sleeves. They're pretty good. Well... the right sleeve is not quite right. When I was machining it somehow the gathers were all pushed to the back of the sleeve head, and it looks off. Especially in comparison to the left sleeve where the gathers are positioned better at the top of the sleeve head. So... I'm not sure what to do. The right sleeve has already been inserted twice, thanks to a stupid mistake (lined the sleeve seam up with the wrong seam on the bodice).

While considering this I added a ruffle-cuff thing to the bottom of the left sleeve. It's pretty good. Thanks to velvet slippage it's not perfect... but it was hard enough and the error is small enough that I'm going to ignore that one for sure.

But this right sleeve. What to do, what to do...

Also the collar is fully attached now. Decided to just stitch in the ditch on the right side of the bodice. It looks prefect from the front and it saved a lot of work and cursing.

Once this sleeve business is taken care of I will attach the skirt. It's almost a dress! Whoo!