THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Shinku - Part Eleven

So... I worked on the hat. I reattached the brim and then top stitched all the way around. I don't know if I like how it looks. I don't know what to do about it.

I made the alterations to the dress bodice. It was a little bit of a nightmare, no surprise. Difficult to position, had to cut the skirt off to finish the seams. Not fun. It's done, but I still need to try it on again to make sure everything is alright.

Made the bow for the back. The velvet wanted to slip and move the whole time, so it's a little floppy and not as pristine as the bows usually turn out, but it's pretty good. Velvet is pretty floppy, so, it's fine.

Painting the cane is still going, but not well. I don't know... the paint seems unusually thin and just wants to slide right off the surface, making huge drip marks. I don't know what I can do to make this good, I might need to get new paint. Oi.

Dress To-Do List:

  • Finish sewing the zipper
  • Hem the dress
  • Bodice alterations
  • Sew on the decorative buttons (0/3)
  • Make a bow for the back
  • Attach bow
Accessories To-Do List:
  • Make buttonholes in the capelet (6/6)
  • Sew the buttons onto the capelet (6/6)
  • Make little band for top buttons of the capelet
  • Resew the brim onto the hat
  • Sew on a band on the inside of the hat
  • Attach button to the top of the hat
  • Paint the cane pink
  • Make bow for the cane
  • Trim bangs and back of the wig

0 Comments: