THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, April 15, 2010

... Too Tired to be Creative

Crazy day. Spent five hours at the school sorting and assigning costumes to the kids in the show. Only got through about 10. Which means there's around another 50 to go for the rehearsal I'm attending on Sunday. I'm scared.

Managed to get some work done on the dress today, although progess was limited by the time spend at the school. I made and attached the back bow to the dress. The tails were a little bit of a challenge, though after some thought I was able to work it out. I just have a few more little stitches to make to hold it in place where I want it on the dress. I also secured the gathers in the back. I managed to get some work on the cascade ruffle, but it's not going as well as I'd like. Due to obvious time constraints I'm going to have to hold off on this until after Saturday. So much the better, probably.

Anyway, that means my to-do list for tomorrow is a little bit shorter:
    1) Attach the two rows of ruffles to the underskirt
    2) Add the closure to the waistband
    3) Secure the gathers in the front of the dress
    4) Make those small back bow stitches
    5) Sew a small gap near the zipper
Not too bad at all. I think I'll probably take care of the dress steps first, then finish of the underskirt. It makes the process more poetic. After all, the underskirt was the first thing I started working on, and it'll also be the very last. Aww, how sentimetal... or something.

0 Comments: