Monday, March 1, 2010

More Pirates

Last Thursday I finished two of three medals for the Major General, one of the frilly hats for the daughters, and added a cuff to the coat mock-up. I don't really like the cuff though, and I've come up with a different design that I'm going to make up when I do the final coat. Then took a little bit of a break over the weekend on costumes for a weekend getaway. Very nice.

Today we had a lunch meeting at the school to get a few more measurements and to test out the mock-ups. The Pirate King fits the kid very well... even better than I expected it to, so I'm very, very happy about that. There is a little tightness under the arms, so I'm going to just shave off a bit from the armscye and take in the shoulder a little... I knew when I finished the body block that his shoulders couldn't be that broad. Sigh. But minor details.

The hat for the Pirate King on the other hand, is too small. I don't even want to think about what I'm going to do right now, probably trim down the brim and make a tricorn for one of the other main pirates. I'll worry about that after I finish the coat.

And as soon as the coat is finished I should be in a position to get back to work on my ballgown. Huzzah!