Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Shinku - The Final Countdown (Part 1?)

On the weekend I tried on the costume again and the alterations worked out very well, so thank goodness. The cane is painted pink and almost done being sealed. I added more tulle to the crinoline, which was the worst of it. I bought a lighter weight tulle than the original garment and had some difficulty sewing it, but it is bigger, so it doesn't matter too much. I trimmed the bangs and it makes a big difference.

I also picked up some hair pins to hold on the wig better than bobby pins. And a new mascara. I'll need to do some work on my eyebrows, but I think I'll probably wait until Friday to do that, Thursday at the earliest.

Today, I have sewn the band down on my capelet, so that piece is entirely done. I did a few touch-ups on my zipper and added a hook and eye to the collar, though it's a rather shoddy job. I added the three buttons to the front of the bodice as well. As it stands the whole thing is done. There are, however, a few areas that could be improved upon. I will consider these areas in the next two days and make any changes I deem necessary.

Otherwise... she's all done!