Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Double Ruffles or Nothing

Yesterday and this morning I made the neck and cuff ruffles for my Chemise a la Reine. I had a little trouble deciding how I was going to attach the neck ruffles to the actual dress, so I did quite a lot of rearranging, pinning, unpinning and such. I decided to finish the edges of the ruffles by zigzagging them twice. I think I'm probably going to do the same thing to the hem as well. It's quite easy and it seems appropriate for the delicate voile fabric.

I've decided to skip the waist drawstring entirely, at least for now. I will see how it goes wearing the dress with just the sash holding things in place in the middle. Later if for some reason the sash isn't enough I'll think about adding a waist drawstring casing.

ETA: Finished sewing on the cuff and neck ruffles to the dress. Also made my shift. The neck is a little wide, and I'm not really planning on putting in a drawstring, at least not at this time. We'll see how it goes once all the other parts are on, particularly the stays.