THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Finding a Balance

Original Date: May 13, 2009

Right now I am balancing my costumes (there are technically five on the go, though I'm only working hard on two at present). One which I need to have finished for the May 23/24 weekend, and the second is Ashley's costume, which I'd like to have finished before I start my summer job and/or she goes to Portugal, whichever comes first.

This morning I spent an hour and a half cleaning uncured resin out of silicon moulds. About twelve tooth-picks and nine pairs of latex gloves later, it's still not completely free of the gunk. Eugh. Future note to self: assuming is bad. The past weekend, all time not spent doing mother's day things was devoted to hand stamping/painting a curly fabric pattern onto pink fabric for a vest. It was very tedious, but it looks pretty damn fantastic! It's nice when that kind of thing ends up being worth the trouble. It's kind of amazing too, how fast my costume making skills were forced to branch out from merely sewing to include all manner of things - painting, stamping and stamp-making, woodworking, moulding plastic, etc. Crazy.

0 Comments: