THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, September 12, 2009

More rufflies!

Ciel Phantomhive (Little Robin): Part Seven

I sense there will be a lot of parts to this. Today I finished sewing down the first ruffle in addition to the black ribbon detail. So first ruffle = 100% done. Yay! The fun part about that, however, is that it is going to be about 75% covered by the second ruffle. Not so much yay.

I also measured out the second ruffle, cut and prepared it for gathering. Just for reference I cut the first ruffle to 16 inches and the second to 13 inches (each cut on the selvage, with an additional one inch for the seam allowance).

The unfortunate thing about this costume is that even though I have done so much work, it barely looks like I've done anything. It'll take quite a lot more hours for it to start like I've completed a significant chuck. But, c'est la vie!

We also took a trip to Value Village and Fabricland today. Bryan is starting a Dr. Stein (from Soul Eater) costume, which we picked up supplies for - shirts to operate on (heh), chunky boots and a lab coat, which was a pretty miraculous find! I got a cheapish top hat to be the base for Ciel's hat. And I also got a white vest (and yellow dye) for my future Maka Albarn (also from Soul Eater) costume... very future.

And in un-costume related news I bought myself and new huge sewing box! So pleased with it. *Strokes lovingly*

0 Comments: